And this is what the little cuttings look like in the greenhouse.
Friday, September 30, 2016
Thursday, September 22, 2016
Monday, September 19, 2016
The Meyer Lemon Tree with our hole measuring stick.
The hole partially dug. It took a shovel and a pry bar.
Meyer Lemon planted and being watered.
A different angle. Before it was pruned so it looks a bit lopsided.
Beamer the Garden Cat is always near by.
Friday, September 16, 2016
Wednesday, September 14, 2016
And this is what the apple blossoms looked like.
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
In this picture you can see the huge zucchini plant, the still developing Lavender Hedge and three of my apple trees. We had an amazing number of apples on the trees I planted last spring. But they were all wormy. Codling Moth is my guess. I will figure out a plan of attack for next spring.
Monday, September 12, 2016
Look at this poor row of blueberry plants. You can hardly see them because of the HUGE Tulameen Raspberry patch. The blueberry plants have dropped most of their leaves and have substantial dieback.
Saturday, September 10, 2016
The new addition/citrus house is looking amazing. The ground was very uneven in there after the foundation install. We have had a very dry summer so the soil/clay is packed very hard. I took an afternoon and raked it out level. Then moved in two nice big wheelbarrows of manure. I levelled it and then made a path to the door. Now I just need to see if we can get the citrus trees into the ground or will the tree roots stop us. If not, they will be moved pots and all into the addition. Isn't the chair hilarious. I always wanted a chair in the greenhouse, so until the citrus goes in, I have a chair. Tiny and plastic.....but it's a chair!!!!
Friday, September 09, 2016
I decided at two o'clock this afternoon to go the greenhouse to plant a tray of kale and lettuce. They will be going in the citrus house to plant under the trees. Normally I would seed directly in the ground, but we would trample the little plants moving the citrus in for winter. I discovered that the whole surface of the bench was cluttered and full, and I needed to make room for the seed tray. I thought to myself, okay, let's organize a bit and get things out of the way at this end so I can get the seeding done. At 7 o'clock I have finally finished up. I was ruthless. I threw out two garbage bags, put about thirty plastic pots in recycle and moved things to the shed, moved things out of the shed. You get the picture.
I am so pleased with how much room there is. I hung a little bolt where the hose can hang instead of lying on the floor. All in all, a much more efficient and lovely space to be in.
Thursday, September 01, 2016
The greenhouse is all finished except for a small aluminum strip to seal the gap between the two greenhouses. Right now it is sealed with hoophouse tape. Today I even finished cleaning the white paint off the last two panes. I still LOVE to look at the length of it. I guess I will have to extend the blueberry walk a little bit. Maybe another two plants. My personal favorite is Dixi!!